Trust Manager – Bristol
We are seeking a Trust Manager to join our Bristol Private Wealth team dealing with a portfolio of trusts.
Role: Trust Manager
Hours: Full Time (part time considered)
Vacancy Reference: 710-BBL
Our well-regarded Private Wealth team has presence in our Bristol, Manchester and Taunton offices and holds consistent top tier rankings in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. In Bristol, you will be joining an established team who specialise in estate planning, trusts, wills and probate as well as wider private client practice areas
Our client base includes a high proportion of high net worth clients with complex financial arrangements. We expect you to handle straightforward matters with minimal supervision, much of your work will provide you with access to complex and stretching matters subject to guidance and instruction.
This is a new standalone role in the team due to the growth of the number of trusts arising out of our lifetime advisory and probate matters.
You will assist on a range of matters including the following:
- The constitution of lifetime and will trusts including HMRC registration and FATCA compliance and liaising with trustees and advisers in relation to the investment of the trust fund.
- Liaising with trustees and beneficiaries in relation to the management of the trusts throughout the annual cycle and being the point of contact for investment managers.
- Managing expectations of beneficiaries, some of whom are vulnerable.
- Planning for the end of the tax year or on the approach to ten-year anniversaries.
- Preparation of annual accounts and tax returns and preparation of annual reviews of the trust performance.
- Preparation of IHT and self-assessment forms in relation to the creation and termination of trusts and exit and ten-year anniversary charges.
- Liaising closely on the trusts you manage with the supervising partners, who will often have the role of trusted adviser to the family.
- Where appropriate to your skills and background, preparation of deeds in relation to the creation and appointment out of trusts and change of trustees.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
You are likely to have experience in trust management from within the legal, accountancy or banking sectors. You may be a qualified solicitor or FCILEX or hold qualifications such as ATT or CTA. You will be STEP qualified or be keen to work towards qualification. We may be flexible for less experienced candidates who can demonstrate that they have gained a good standard of experience in trust administration.
You will be able to work on your own cases and manage your time and tasks independently but also engage with your colleagues dealing with lifetime planning and probate to provide a seamless client experience.
Providing excellent client service is at the heart of everything we do, and you will appreciate how important this is for our private clients, so you must be able to show us how you have impressed your clients and built relationships of trust and respect with them.
Attention to detail and a passion for excellent client service will be among your key attributes.
As someone who will take a key role in the team you will be able to use your good management skills, business acumen and have an aptitude for presenting. You will be keen to develop those skills and take advantage of the support and coaching we can provide to develop your talents further.
You will have excellent communication skills, impeccable spelling and grammar, and be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint. We use a variety of different software packages here and so you need to be comfortable with learning new databases and bespoke IT systems.
Finally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills, with a willingness to learn and develop, which will help you thrive in this role.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.