Tenders Executive – Business Development & Marketing – Bristol
We have a great opportunity for a Tenders Executive to join our Business Development & Marketing team, having responsibility for supporting firm’s bids process and client development programme.
Role: Tenders Executive
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 459 – BBL
You will have day-to-day responsibility for strengthening our relationship with existing clients and support the development of new opportunities through delivering compelling, high impact and high quality tender and proposal responses. You will take specific responsibility for the support of the social housing sector but will be expected to work as part of a team supporting all sectors/teams across the firm.
Your main duties will be:
- Developing best practice systems and procedures for Clarke Willmott’s bids and tenders;
- Ensuring that an effective and up to date register/calendar of existing and forthcoming tenders is maintained such that the firm can be proactive in seeking new opportunities and planning for forthcoming tenders;
- Project-manage the bid process from receipt to submission, working closely with internal partners;
- Implementing an efficient and effective process of collating, storing and maintaining high quality boilerplate material and credentials;
- Ensuring that bids are produced to the highest standards and tailored to specific client requirements, and ensuring that bids represent Clarke Willmott’s core messages and differentiating factors in line with the Firm’s business plan;
- Working with teams to deliver presentation materials for pitches;
- Collating and analysing bid feedback to continually improve the firm’s proposition including identifying service improvements that deliver competitive advantage for the firm;
- Maintaining a log of bid activity and sending regular bid updates to fee earners and the Business Development team;
- Undertaking debriefs with the client and internal bid team – analyse common themes and issues;
- Review OJEU notices and invitations to bid to ensure that tender exercises are only entered into where they are in support of the Firm’s overall strategy; and
- Ensuring that tender successes are publicised internally via the Firm’s intranet, having gained approval from the relevant Lead Partner.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have previous bids and tenders experience within a professional/legal services setting. We require you to possess acute commercial awareness and have an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and demanding environment.
We expect you to demonstrate your ability to lead and influence others while remaining patient and diplomatic in your approach. You will be someone who can deliver a first-class product and command the respect of their peers.
We expect you to be flexible and collaborative in your approach and possess an ability to work towards tight deadlines while showing a high level of commitment to your work and to the firm.
You will possess the ability to balance pressure with good humour and have excellent written and attention to detail skills.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.