Supervisor – Debt Recovery – Taunton
An opportunity to continue a legal career in a national law firm, in our Debt Recovery team. Dealing with issuing court proceedings, leading on to defended matters and running your own caseload of litigated cases through to conclusion.
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 524-PTN
We are looking to appoint someone, who ideally has previous debt recovery experience in the insurance sector. You will be dealing with one of our major clients, primarily by overseeing a team of Paralegals and administration staff who service the contract.
We are looking for someone who is an effective team player and will guide the team, assist the department and work with the management team. You will also get support and training from your managers in a relaxed but professional and hard-working team. It is a fast-paced role and you will need to juggle many priorities.
On a day to day basis, your role will involve:
- Being responsible for monitoring caseloads and volumes and reporting these to management with any concerns
- Directing your team on where to focus to keep us in line with our Service Level Agreement
- Dealing with complaints, both written and verbal, and liaise with client directly in relation to the complaint
- Answering daily queries from the team at each stage of the life of a case
- Attending client meetings and play an active part in maintaining client relationships
- Actively look for areas of improvement in efficiency and provide suggestions on these
- Providing ongoing support to your team with regards to training and development
- Carrying out daily checking of all written correspondence produced by your team
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
- Have strong social skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be extremely organised
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Demonstrate good leadership qualities
- Be adaptable to changes in the needs of our business
- Be approachable and considerate
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to all colleagues
- Have worked in litigation
- Have an understanding of the Road Traffic Act
- Have prior debt recovery experience
- Have experience in a supervision role
- Have experience in the insurance industry
Whatever your background, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a good level of basic numeracy and plenty of common sense.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.