Solicitor – Probate – Bristol
We are seeking a Probate Solicitor to join the estate administration unit in our Private Capital team dealing with a broad caseload of mainly taxable and complex estate work.
Hours: Full Time or Part Time
Vacancy Reference: 784-LBL
Our well-regarded Private Capital team has presence in our Bristol, Manchester and Taunton offices and holds consistent top tier rankings in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners. In Bristol, you will be joining an established team who specialise in the administration of complex deceased estates.
Our client base includes a high proportion of high net worth clients with complex financial arrangements. We expect you to handle straightforward matters with minimal supervision, much of your work will provide you with access to complex and stretching matters subject to guidance and instruction.
You will assist on a range of matters including the following:
- Advising on all sizes of estates and types of assets
- Advising executors about the content and the effect of Wills including any connected issues regarding the validity of the Will and on the operation of the Intestacy Provisions where no Will exists
- Advising on inheritance tax and capital gains tax issues that arise in connection with the deceased’s estate
- Liaising/negotiating direct with HMRC regarding the availability of reliefs and exemptions from inheritance tax
- Advising on the treatment and taxation of settlements under which the deceased had a life interest
- Advising on the utility and the operation of trust structures contained in Wills
- Advising on Deeds of Variation and Disclaimers
- Advising and preparing the full suite of inheritance tax returns and estate accounts
- Meeting with and liaising with clients directly throughout the administration process
This role will allow you to work flexibly, splitting your week between your home working environment and our Bristol office.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will probably be a qualified solicitor with 1 – 3 years PQE in private client work or a FCILEX (or approaching Fellow status) to handle the complexity of the work on offer. We may be flexible for less experienced candidates who can demonstrate that they have gained a good standard of experience in estate administration.
Providing excellent client service is at the heart of everything we do, and you will appreciate how important this is for our private clients, so you must be able to show us how you have impressed your clients and built relationships of trust and respect with them.
As someone who will take a key role in the team you will be able to use your good management skills, business acumen and enjoy and have an attitude for presenting. You will be keen to develop those skills and take advantage of the support and coaching we can provide to develop your talents further.
You will have excellent communication skills, impeccable spelling and grammar, and be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint. We use a variety of different software packages here and so you need to be comfortable with learning new databases and bespoke IT systems.
Finally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills, with a willingness to learn and develop, which will help you thrive in this role.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.