Senior Associate – Criminal & Regulatory – Taunton
We are looking for a 5 years plus PQE Senior Associate solicitor to join our Commercial and Private Client Litigation Team dealing mainly with Criminal and Regulatory matters. This role will be based in our Taunton office but all fee earners in the team are now working flexibly / on a hybrid basis so full time office attendance will not be required but can be accommodated if preferred.
As a Senior Associate in our well-regarded team, you will be responsible for supervising junior fee earners in providing top-tier advice on a range of Criminal and Regulatory matters. You will be encouraged to lead this area of the practice with scope for promotion to Partner on a rapid time frame for the right candidate.
Our Commercial and Private Client Litigation team is described as ‘a high-quality firm and a really top-level team’ in Chambers UK 2021 and we are ranked Tier 1 for Crime in the South West in Legal500. The very collegiate and supportive team of 16 fee earners is led by Esther Woolford and you would be part of this large team on a day to day basis.
Role: Senior Associate
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 809-LTN
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
Having sound knowledge and experience of the Criminal Justice System, from the initial investigation stage (including interviews under caution) through to Court proceedings.
We work with clients with a wide range of legal issues and you will expand your knowledge with a varied workload, so experience in any of the following areas will be advantageous:
- Environmental law matters, including statutory nuisance issues
- Agricultural regulation, investigations and proceedings
- Animal welfare issues, including RSPCA investigations and proceedings
- Health and safety regulation, including Health and Safety Executive investigations and proceedings
- Trading standards matters
- Food standard/quality regulation, including Food Standards Agency investigations and proceedings
- Housing Act matters, including in relation to housing standards and HMO licensing and proceedings
- Care home regulation and compliance, including Care Quality Commission investigations and proceedings
- Professional regulation and disciplinary proceedings
- Planning law breaches and enforcement
- Traffic Commissioner Public Inquiries
- Licensing matters
- Highways and public rights of way matters
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- You are a qualified solicitor with 5 or more years PQE in litigation work
- You have great attention to detail and the ability to offer solutions whilst knowing where guidance is needed to provide the most efficient outcome
- You want to be part of a vibrant and supportive team
- You are interested in growing your knowledge and technical qualifications
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV and covering letter using the form below.
(If you have any difficulties with the form, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.