Paralegal – Debt Recovery – Taunton (Maternity Cover)
An opportunity to continue a legal career in a national law firm. Based in our Debt Recovery Team dealing with the recovery of sums owed to our clients.
Hours: Full Time
Term: Maternity Cover (one year)
Vacancy Reference: 708-PTN
Our highly regarded Debt Recovery team is based only in our Taunton office, but it provides a national service for Government Departments, Local Authorities, insurance companies, managing agents, businesses and individuals. With over 30 people, the team specialises in all aspects of debt recovery including pre-action work as well as county court proceedings, judgments, insolvency and enforcement.
You will be working in a team dealing with various different clients, acting for them in the recovery of sums owed. You will be responsible for maintaining your own caseload, prioritising tasks, developing and maintaining client relationships undertaking general administrative tasks.
This will involve:
- Having a case load of varied debt recovery matters from different clients
- Reviewing the prospects of each case and advising client
- Issuing Court proceedings, enforcing Judgments and considering insolvency action where appropriate
- Liaising with clients, the Court, agents and debtors on a daily basis
- Dealing with the everyday admin of the caseload including Court documentation and all correspondence received
- Taking and making telephone calls to various parties
- Taking payments from debtors
- Settlement negotiations
- Maintaining a high level of client care and building on existing relationships
It is a fast-paced role and you will need to juggle many priorities. You will need to be flexible to be an effective team player, but you will also get support and training from your colleagues and manager in a relaxed but professional and hard-working team.
You will gain a good grounding in most aspects of debt recovery and it is an excellent place to start a legal career and gain experience working in a legal environment.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
We are looking to appoint someone who preferably has debt recovery and litigation experience.
- Have strong social skills
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Be extremely organised
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Have a good aptitude for technology
- Be very goal focussed
- Enjoy the buzz of working in a high-performing team and producing great results for your clients
- Be able to remain calm, professional and polite in all circumstances
- Have excellent time management skills
- Be able to work under pressure
- Whatever your background, you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, a good level of basic numeracy and plenty of common sense.
- Six GCSE at grade C or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths
- have gained at least six months’ experience in an office environment
- have used case management systems or databases in the past
- have experience on dealing with the public either face to face or verbally over the telephone
- have litigation experience
- have debt recovery experience
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.