Marketing & Business Development Manager – Banking & Finance
A Marketing & Business Development role to support a key growth sector for Clarke Willmott (CW) – Banking & Finance.
Role: Marketing & Business Development Manager
Location: Flexible (Bristol, Taunton or Southampton). Some travel will be required
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 323-BBL
Over recent years CW has successfully grown it’s Banking & Finance business, largely through a focus on specific lending/lender market segments.
You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and developing existing relationships. This is a varied and engaging role; this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working person to work with an equally ambitious team of lawyers.
The role will require you to take the lead and work closely with solicitors in the Banking & Finance sector as well as colleagues in Marketing & Business Development to develop and implement the Banking & Finance growth plan. This will involve you taking ownership of:
- The CW strategic view on key development opportunities in the Banking & Finance market;
- The rolling 12 month CW Banking & Finance marketing plan – building awareness amongst target segments through coordinated campaign activity e.g. thought leadership, PR, events, social media (supported by relevant specialists in the CW marketing & BD team);
- The CW banking and finance proposition – ensuring that the proposition (price, service offering, support etc.) remains ahead of the competition;
- Sales/fee income growth targets:
- Existing key clients – oversee management of detailed relationship and BD plans with existing key clients. This requires active, ‘hands-on’ coordination of Banking & Finance partner activity including arranging/coordinating client meetings, preparation of materials for meetings and follow up.
- Priority target clients – implement marketing and BD activities that ‘open doors’ for partners to introduce CW services to an agreed list of target clients. As above this requires active management.
- Tenders and pitches – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders Manager you will assist by leading, coordinating, coaching, chasing the partners in successfully delivering excellent tenders and pitches;
- Legal directory submissions – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders Manager you will coordinate, coach, chase, the partners in successfully delivering excellent directory submissions; and
Coordination of internal Banking & Finance management meetings as well as producing management information and reports.
You will be a self starter, confident in taking the lead with colleagues and clients at all levels and highly organised.
You will have a proven track record in supporting growth of a B2B business through marketing, business development and sales activity.
You will have experience in the financial services sector, ideally working with lenders. Ideally you will have some understanding of law firms and how they service financial services clients.
You will demonstrate strong communication and consultative collaboration skills and be familiar with working with senior business partners to deliver plans.
A ‘hands on’ approach to business development will be expected. You will be happy to work on your own initiative, comfortable developing personal relationships and adept at opening doors with both new and existing clients.
A positive and tenacious attitude will be required.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.