Information Services Officer – Bristol, Taunton or Southampton
Reporting to the Director of Best Practice & Knowledge, the Information Services Officer will work with two other information professionals, providing information services and support to staff at Clarke Willmott.
Role: Information Services Officer
Location: Bristol, Taunton or Southampton
Hours: Part-time (22.5 hours)
Vacancy Reference: 724-BBL
The tasks and responsibilities below are regularly carried out by the Information Services team but are listed in no particular order:
- Handle enquiries of all types – legal, business and news research. Provide technical support for databases. Supply documents and materials as necessary.
- Training: Provide induction training for new fee-earners in all CW offices and training to others on request. Help organise training sessions with external trainers.
- Classify and catalogue new materials on KnowAll, our library management system. Manage old editions.
- Check in journals and loose-leaf issues on KnowAll, scan and circulate materials to fee-earners, claim missing issues. Disseminate journal articles and other materials to users.
- Serials management. Review all loose-leaf and journal subscriptions as they come up for renewal. Liaise with the other Information Services Officers, team managers and Director of Best Practice & Knowledge to ensure resources are being used ahead of renewal. Process and pass all invoices for payment and renew subscriptions.
- Review publishers’ literature. Consult with the other Information Services Officers, team managers and Director of Best Practice & Knowledge to establish what new materials should be bought. Order new books and journals.
- General library administrative duties e.g. loose-leafing, re-shelving, keeping libraries tidy and in good order.
- Attend meetings with/liaise with account managers from publishers and booksellers for day-to-day queries.
- Prepare reports to assist Director of Best Practice & Knowledge in budget preparation.
- Help keep the Information Services team Wiki up to date.
- Cover for other team members as and when required.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Travel to other offices as required.
- Professional qualification in library or information services
- Good legal research skills
- Strong organisational skills with good attention to detail
- Uses initiative
- Meets deadlines
- Prioritisation of different tasks and projects
- Use your own initiative
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly, individually and as part of a team
- Well developed communication skills both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and approachable
- Highly committed
- Client focused
- Works with integrity
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.