HR Administrator – Bristol or Birmingham
As an Administrator in our fast-paced HR Operations team, you will assisting the team in the delivery of HR and payroll administration services. As a law firm with over 600 people, we have large amounts of information and data to maintain and process. We are looking for an enthusiastic HR Administrator to support us in managing this. We will provide comprehensive on the job training, equipping you with all of the tools that you need to be successful in this role.
You will be joining a friendly team of 3 which is part of our wider HR team, comprising of an additional 9 professionals. Our team is ambitious and we are determined to provide the best possible results for the firms and its people.
Role: HR Administrator
Location: Bristol or Birmingham
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 803-BBM
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
- Preparing induction programmes
- Drafting HR documentation and correspondence in relation to starters, leavers, transfers and contractual changes
- Ensuring that administrative processes, such as the probationary process and pre-employment checks, are carried out in a timely manner
- Processing the day to day payroll administration
- Maintaining our HR and payroll databases
- Working to agreed processes and standard operation procedures to ensure a consistent approach and a high standard of work
- Ensuring that documents and records are stored appropriately and in line with data protection legislation
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- You want to start or develop your career within a professional services environment
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, being able to convey procedural information to others in a clear and concise manner
- You have a good understanding of IT software and are able to pick things up quickly
- You work with a high level of accuracy within clear guidelines, ensuring a high quality of work
- You have excellent organisation skills and are used to working efficiently and accurately in a busy and varied role
- You have a problem solving approach with the ability to identify how processes can be improved
- You are someone who considers the wider implications of what you do, and likes to go the extra mile
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.