HR Administrator – Birmingham
We are seeking an enthusiastic administrator to support the HR Operations team in the delivery of HR and payroll administration services.
Role: HR Administrator
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 691-BBM
Good HR depends on great administration and data management. As a law firm with over 600 people, we have large amounts of information and data to maintain and process. We are looking for an enthusiastic HR Administrator to support us in managing this.
Working within our friendly HR Operations team of three, you will assist in the delivery of all HR administration services. Your regular duties will include preparing induction programmes, drafting HR documentation and correspondence in relation to starters, leavers, transfers and contractual changes as well as ensuring that administrative processes, such as the probationary process and pre-employment checks, are carried out in a timely manner. In addition, under supervision and guidance, you will be involved in processing the day to day payroll administration and maintaining our HR and payroll databases.
As part of the HR Operations team, you will work to agreed processes and standard operating procedures to ensure a consistent approach and a high standard of work. You will ensure documents and records are stored appropriately and in line with data protection legislation, ensuring filing and e-filing is up to date and accessible.
All roles within the HR team carry a responsibility for information security and you will need to evidence your understanding of this. You will be required to comply with the information security policy as well as all other firm wide policies and procedures.
You will be joining an ambitious and highly regarded team which is determined to provide the best possible results for the firm and its people. This role will allow you to work flexibly, splitting your week between your home working environment and our Birmingham office.
This role will offer you exposure to all areas of HR and payroll administration and is a great opportunity if you are looking to take your first steps on the HR career ladder.
- Previous experience of working in a professional services environment would be beneficial.
- Demonstrable evidence of a good level of written communication showing the ability to convey procedural information to others in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy within clear guidelines.
- Work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
- Problem solving approach with the ability to identify how processes can be improved.
- A quick learner with initiative, good concentration skills and exceptional attention to detail. Taking pride in the quality of your work is a must.
- Excellent numeracy skills and proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills, including an impeccable telephone manner.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.