Credit controller – Finance – Bristol
Home » Credit controller – Finance – Bristol
A role for an enthusiastic credit controller to work as part of a team in our national law firm.
Role: Credit controller
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 263-BBL
Working as a credit controller with us, you’ll be part of a friendly, approachable & professional team, based within a larger finance department in the Bristol office.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the timely payment of our invoices and allocating monies received to the correct accounts. Our clients include a wide range of businesses from start-ups to major national and international corporations across a range of industries as well as private individuals throughout the country. As such our clients require different approaches to ensure the best results and you will need to be able to adapt your communication style to maintain positive ongoing relationships.
Reporting to the credit control manager, your main duties will include:
- Responsible for cash collections for 21 billing teams;
- Telephoning clients & colleagues on a regular basis to discuss outstanding payments and secure collections;
- Using agreed systems and processes to ensure a consistent approach and a high standard of work while helping the credit control manager to improve processes and overall quality;
- Working as part of the team, providing occasional assistance for busy or absent colleagues and generally demonstrating a cohesive team ethic;
- Working closely with fee earners (solicitors & partners) to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree payment terms where appropriate;
- Where necessary, and where agreed with the credit control manager, referring the account to our debt recovery litigators;
- Managing the allocated customer ledger and associated client accounts and using skill and judgement to achieve the best results;
- Complying with our professional rules and codes of practice to ensure an ethical approach;
- Providing occasional assistance with ad hoc projects, reporting, administrative and other duties; and
- Other ad hoc duties as may be necessary.
We are looking for a graduate, preferably from a Finance or Business background or with some experience of a professional environment. You will be interested in learning new skills and pursuing a career within credit management.
Enthusiasm, ambition and motivation to learn about our processes and how to use the credit control software ARCS is vital. Full training and support will be provided.
Communication forms a major part of this role and you should have an aptitude for telephoning a wide variety of clients to request payment, the confidence to pick up the phone on a regular basis is essential. Furthermore, regular contact with internal stakeholders including partners, lawyers and other colleagues is required. You will need to demonstrate tact, professionalism and integrity in both your conversations and emails.
Working with numbers on a daily basis, you will need advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel which will include document creation, data entry, formatting and formulae. Strong attention to detail is required.
You will also be extremely organised, numerate and be able to demonstrate strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)