Credit Controller – Finance – Bristol
Working as part of a team of 5 to assist with cash collection across our seven offices. Ensuring the timely payment of invoices issued to a wide range of clients.
Role: Credit Controller
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 1063-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
- Responsible for cash collections for 20 billing teams
- Manage allocated ledger and associated client accounts, using skill and judgement to achieve the best results. In addition to handling one-off invoices, building relationships with regular clients, which may include private individuals from many different backgrounds, businesses ranging from start-ups to national and international corporations and public sector organisations.
- Working closely with fee earners to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree payment terms where appropriate.
- Where necessary, and where agreed with the Credit Control Manager, referring the account to our debt recovery litigators.
- As part of a team, working to agreed systems and processes to ensure a consistent approach and a high standard of work. Providing occasional assistance for busy or absent colleagues and generally demonstrating a cohesive team ethic.
- Complying with our professional rules and codes of practice to ensure a wholly ethical approach
- Working within established protocols, exercising discretion and judgement and providing a degree of autonomy.
- Occasional assistance with ad hoc projects, reporting, administrative and other duties.
Making recommendations to the Credit Control Manager on systems and processes to increase effectiveness. It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role will potentially involve travel
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- Minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
Skills, Abilities, knowledge and experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in credit control in a professional services or similar environment
- Experience of using the 3E package or similar credit control case management system beneficial (Although training will be provided)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include creation, data entry, formatting and use of formulae
- Understands human behaviour
- Tactful and professional
- Strong skills in communication, negotiation and influencing
Proactive, adaptable, communicative, positive, professional
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV and covering letter using the form below.
(If you have any difficulties with the form, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.
Talk to our recruitment team
Emma May Davies
0345 209 1260
0345 209 1436