Credit Controller – Finance – Bristol
A role for an experienced credit controller to work as part of a team in our national law firm.
Role: Credit Controller
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 570-BBL
Working as a Credit Controller with us, you’ll be part of a friendly and approachable team of 5 people, based within a larger Finance Department based in the Bristol office.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the timely payment of our invoices and allocating monies received to the correct accounts. Our clients include a wide range of businesses from start-ups to major national and international corporations across a range of industries together with many private individuals, requiring different approaches to ensure the best results, while maintaining positive ongoing relationships.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager, your main duties will include:
- Being responsible for cash collections for 21 billing teams;
- Managing the allocated ledger and associated client accounts and using skill and judgement to achieve the best results;
- Working closely with fee earners to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree payment terms where appropriate;
- Where necessary, and where agreed with the Credit Control Manager, referring the account to our debt recovery litigators;
- Working as part of a team and working to agreed systems and processes to ensure a consistent approach and a high standard of work. Providing occasional assistance for busy or absent colleagues and generally demonstrating a cohesive team ethic;
- Complying with our professional rules and codes of practice to ensure a wholly ethical approach;
- Working within established protocols, exercising discretion and judgement and providing a degree of autonomy;
- Providing occasional assistance with ad hoc projects, reporting, administrative and other duties; and
- Other ad hoc duties as may be necessary.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
We are looking for someone who has already gained experience in credit control, probably over a period of at least 2 years, although it need not be in a law firm. Experience of using ARCS credit control software (or a similar package) would be beneficial, although full training will be provided.
Communication forms a major part of this role, whether with our partners, lawyers and other colleagues or with the wide variety of clients you will be in contact with. You will need to demonstrate tact, professionalism and integrity in both your conversations and emails. Working with numbers on a daily basis, you will need advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel which will include document creation, data entry, formatting and formulae.
You will also be extremely organised, numerate and have excellent attention to detail as well as being able to demonstrate strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills.
You should be able to demonstrate a solid level of academic achievement, with a minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.