Credit Controller – Bristol
Working as part of a team of five to assist with cash collection across our seven offices. Ensuring the timely payment of invoices issued to a wide range of clients.
Role: Credit Controller
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 712-BBL
- Responsible for cash collections for 21 billing teams
- Manage allocated ledger and associated client accounts, using skill and judgement to achieve the best results. In addition to handling one-off invoices, building relationships with regular clients, which may include private individuals from many different backgrounds, businesses ranging from start-ups to national and international corporations and public sector organisations.
- Working closely with fee earners to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree payment terms where appropriate.
- Where necessary, and where agreed with the Credit Control Manager, referring the account to our debt recovery litigators.
- As part of a team, working to agreed systems and processes to ensure a consistent approach and a high standard of work. Providing occasional assistance for busy or absent colleagues and generally demonstrating a cohesive team ethic.
- Complying with our professional rules and codes of practice to ensure a wholly ethical approach
- Working within established protocols, exercising discretion and judgement and providing a degree of autonomy.
- Occasional assistance with ad hoc projects, reporting, administrative and other duties.
Making recommendations to the Credit Control Manager on systems and processes to increase effectiveness. It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role will potentially involve travel.
- Minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
Skills, Abilities, knowledge and experience:
- At least two years’ experience working in credit control in a professional services or similar environment
- Experience of the ARCS2G package or similar credit control case management system beneficial (Although training will be provided)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel to include creation, data entry, formatting and use of formulae
- Understands human behaviour
- Tactful and professional
- Strong skills in communication, negotiation and influencing
Proactive, adaptable, communicative, positive, professional
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.