Credit control manager – Bristol
Home » Credit control manager – Bristol
A role for an experienced credit control manager to oversee the effective and efficient running of the Credit Control team within our Bristol office.
Role: Credit control manager
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 279-PBL
Working closely with the financial controller, this role will see you managing a team of four and being responsible for credit control and cash collection across our seven offices. You will be required to comply with our professional rules and codes of practice to ensure a wholly ethical approach; employing tact, professionalism and integrity when dealing with clients as well as exercising discretion and judgement and demonstrating a degree of autonomy.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Team management – responsible for a team of four credit controllers, including regular team meetings, co-ordinating and managing workloads, recruitment and disciplinary issues, annual performance reviews and working closely with all team members to ensure a consistent approach and high standards of work. Responsible for providing team members with training on the necessary systems and procedures
- Assist in setting cash targets for business and support the business in achieving those targets
- Review, update and analyse the debtor ledger on a daily basis, identifying trends and problems areas before using your skills, resources and judgement to maximise cash inflow
- Build relationships with regular clients, including private individuals from many different backgrounds, businesses ranging from start-ups to national and international corporations and public sector organisations
- Working alongside the lawyers to determine the most appropriate ways to resolve outstanding accounts and agree and monitor payment terms and plans where appropriate
- Advising on the need to pursue payment through legal action and, where agreed, refer the account to our debt recovery litigators
- Maintenance of the firm’s bad debt reserves demonstrating an understanding of the associated accounting principles
- Production of debtor reports for distribution to partners, lawyers and the management team on a regular and ad hoc basis. Holding meetings with senior stakeholders to emphasise the importance of cash collection
- Responsible for maintaining the credit control policy and ensuring that the credit control team work within established protocols
You will already have an established track record working in credit control in a professional services or similar environment and ideally hold credit control qualification such as CICM. Experience of using ARCS credit control software (or a similar package) is essential as is a good working knowledge of Excel to include creation, data entry, formatting and use of formulae, particularly pivot tables and vlookups.
You will have strong organisational and management skills and be someone who leads by example with a hands on approach.
We expect you will also be someone who likes numbers, systems, accuracy and order and who takes pride in getting good results, but credit control also involves a good understanding of human behaviour. You will have the tact, professionalism and integrity to adapt your approach to the circumstances of each client, together with strong skills in communication, negotiation and influencing.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)