Content Designer – IT – Firm Wide
We are looking for someone to join our IT Training team on a full time and permanent basis. In this hybrid role, you will be undertaking both content design tasks as well as delivering IT training. You will be responsible for creating user-friendly guides and videos to be used internally whilst also delivering IT training solutions to staff across all of our offices.
This role has the potential to offer a lot of career development and would be especially suited to someone at the start of their career. You may have recently left education or decided to change careers altogether. Either way, you will be looking to embark on a career that allows you to develop your content creation skills whilst also learning about a modern legal practice and our IT training service.
In this newly created position, you will be joining a team of 4 and reporting into our IT Training Manager. Our IT Training team sits within our wider IT team which currently consists of 17 in house staff and a managed service provider.
Role: Content Designer
Location: Firm Wide
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 827-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
- Producing IT training videos and guides on both in house and purchased legal software using tools such as Microsoft Publisher, SnagIt, Camatasia, Captivate and Wowslider
- Creating a consistent look and feel to all the firms IT Training materials
- Ensuring that the firm’s IT training materials are kept up to date and reviewed on a regular basis
- Supporting the Training Team with inductions for new starters
- Providing additional training to support new projects and staff development programmes
- Collating feedback from recent attendees of the training programmes in order to constantly improve our training service
This role is right for you if:
- You have previous content creation experience; we are able to provide full training for the IT training aspect of the role
- You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- You are able to pick up new software and technologies easily, you may already have experience of using Photoshop and/or InDesign
- You have an eye for detail and accuracy
- You have excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- You are self-motivated, being able to work autonomously to meet deadlines
- You have excellent verbal communication skills both virtually and face to face
- You are able to contribute new ideas, techniques and feedback to the wider team
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.