Client Tenders and Marketing Executive – Bristol
Home » Client Tenders and Marketing Executive – Bristol
We have a great opportunity for a client tenders and marketing executive to join our business development & marketing team, having responsibility for supporting the Firm’s bids process and client development programme.
Role: Client tenders and marketing executive
Hours: Full time 37.5 hrs per week Mon – Fri
Vacancy Reference: 292-BBL
Having day-to-day responsibility for strengthening our relationship with existing clients and to support the development of new opportunities through delivering compelling, high impact and high quality tender and proposal responses. The role holder will take specific responsibility for the support of the social housing sector but will be expected to work as part of a team supporting all sectors/teams across the Firm:
The main duties of the role will be:
- Developing best practice systems and procedures for Clarke Willmott’s bids and tenders.
- Ensuring that an effective and up to date register/calendar of existing and forthcoming tenders is maintained such that the Firm can be proactive in seeking new opportunities and planning for forthcoming tenders.
- Project manage the bid process from receipt to submission, working closely with internal partners.
- Implementing an efficient and effective process of collating, storing and maintaining high quality boilerplate material and credentials.
- Ensuring that bids are produced to the highest standards and tailored to specific client requirements, and ensuring that bids represent Clarke Willmott’s core messages and differentiating factors in line with the Firm’s business plan.
- Working with teams to deliver presentation materials for pitches.
- Collating and analysing bid feedback to continually improve the Firm’s proposition including identifying service improvements that deliver competitive advantage for the Firm.
- Maintaining a log of bid activity and sending regular bid updates to fee earners and the Business Development team.
- Undertaking debriefs with the client and internal bid team – analyse common themes and issues.
- Review OJEU notices and invitations to bid to ensure that tender exercises are only entered into where they are in support of the Firm’s overall strategy.
- Ensuring that tender successes are publicised internally via the Firm’s intranet, having gained approval from the relevant Lead Partner.
- Working with teams to deliver client reviews (as part of the Firm’s “Major clients review programme” as well as sector key client review programmes) and to develop client plans.
- To support client research and feedback exercises.
- Working with the sector/team to ensure good internal communication and coordination processes are in place for the sharing of client plans as well as for the development of new initiatives – coordinate regular sector/team meetings.
- Owning the calendar of external and internal events that the sector/team is committed to in order to develop the Firm’s awareness and profile in the relevant sector/market.
- Developing briefs for the Clarke Willmott Events Manager and then working to ensure we deliver highly successful internal events.
- Other ad hoc duties, to include:
- Drafting press statements or briefs for the PR agency;
- Promoting the sector via social channels;
- Drafting award submissions;
- Drafting capability statements;
- Drafting Firm profiles and speaker profiles for inclusion in events brochures;
- Reviewing and proof reading Legal 500 and Chambers directory submissions; and
- Providing content for marketing materials as and when required.
If you are someone with Bids and Tenders experience within a professional services firm then we would love to hear from you.
You will be dealing with a range of internal clients so the ability to lead and influence is important as well as the ability to be patient and diplomatic. You will need to be able to command the respect of peers and deliver a first-class product.
This role will require you to have acute commercial awareness as well as excellent writing skills and attention to detail. This role is busy and you need to be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-moving and demanding environment as well as being able to demonstrate flexibility and a collaborative approach whilst working to tight deadlines.
Working within a close knit team you will need to have a can-do attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves at the same time as balancing pressure and having a good sense of humour!
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)