Business Development Manager (Property)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our Business Development & Marketing team working with our Property (including Planning, Construction, Property Litigation and Commercial Property), Real Estate, House Builder and Energy Infrastructure sectors across the firm.
Role: Business Development Manager
Location: Manchester (would consider Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Bristol, Southampton or Taunton)
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 447-BBL
This business development role supports key property led sectors for Clarke Willmott (CW). The role holder will work closely with the Real Estate Managing Directors to support new business activities for property led sectors and property teams.
This role will be primarily based in Bristol however regular travel will be required to support our offices in Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton and Taunton.
CW is a leading regional firm with a very strong and expanding property/real estate capability.
The property teams and sectors have grown successfully and there is an opportunity to develop these specialisms even more successfully with increased business development support.
You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and developing existing relationships. This is a varied and engaging role; this is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and hard-working person to work with an equally ambitious team of lawyers.
The role will require you to take the lead and work closely with fee earners as well as colleagues in Marketing & BD to develop and implement a business growth plan.
You will take ownership of:
- The CW strategic view on key development opportunities in property markets;
- The rolling 12 month business development plans;
- The CW property propositions – ensuring that the proposition (price, service offering, support etc.) remains ahead of the competition;
- Sales/fee income growth targets:
- Existing key clients – oversee management of detailed relationship and BD plans with existing key clients. This requires active, ‘hands-on’ coordination of fee earner activity including arranging/coordinating client meetings, preparation of materials for meetings and follow up.
- Priority target clients – implement marketing and BD activities that ‘open doors’ for fee earners to introduce CW services to an agreed list of target clients. As above this requires active management.
- Events, seminars, hospitality – you will work with the relevant team members to put together a calendar of events that support your targeted business development plan;
- Tenders and pitches – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders Manager you will assist by leading, coordinating, coaching, chasing the partners in successfully delivering excellent tenders and pitches where required;
- Legal directory submissions – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders Manager you will coordinate, coach, chase, the partners in successfully delivering excellent directory submissions;
- Digital marketing support/lead generation – working with the Digital Marketing Manager to ensure online channels (website & social) are effectively deployed to attract new enquiries to the firm;
- Press & spokesperson – working with the CW Brand, Comms & Tenders manager as well as the firm’s external PR agency you will seek opportunities to promote CW expertise; and
- Coordination of internal business development meetings as well as producing management information and reports.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will be a self-starter, confident in taking the lead with colleagues and clients at all levels whilst remaining highly organised.
You will have a proven track record in supporting growth of a B2B business through marketing, business development and sales activity.
You will have experience in the property sector, preferably working with investors and developers. It would be desirable if you had some understanding of law firms and how they service property clients.
Ideally you will have your own client and intermediary contacts that could form the basis of a new client ‘pool’ for Clarke Willmott.
You will demonstrate strong communication and consultative collaboration skills and be familiar with working with senior business partners to deliver plans.
A ‘hands on’ approach to business development will be expected. You will be happy to work on your own initiative, comfortable developing personal relationships and adept at opening doors with both new and existing clients.
A positive and tenacious attitude is essential.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.