Associate or Senior Associate – Private Capital – Bristol
We are looking for an Associate/Senior Associate to join our Private Capital team dealing mainly with wills, estate planning advice, LPAs and trust advice.
Our client base includes a high proportion of high and ultra-high net worth clients with complex financial arrangements, and while we may expect you to handle straightforward matters with minimal supervision, much of your work will provide you with access to complex and stretching estate planning and will be carried out alongside partners in the team as you develop in the role.
Our well-regarded Private Capital team holds consistent top tier rankings in the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
Role: Associate or Senior Associate
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 1149-LBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices once or twice a week depending on client and team needs. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
In this varied role you will be dealing with all aspects of Private Client work including:
- Estate Planning Advice and related Wills and Trust documents for high net worth clients/entrepreneurs and international clients
- Wills and Lasting powers of attorney
- Advising on inheritance tax and capital gains tax issues that are relevant in estate planning
- Advising business owners on opportunities for pre-exit planning
- Advising on the creation, management and closing down of trusts (our Trust Management Team will deal with the day to day compliance and administration)
- Liaising with our clients’ financial planners and being comfortable discussing a wide range of financial products that may make up their asset base
- Advising on Deeds of Variation including discretionary trust arrangements and loans
- Attending any networking and business development events with the opportunity to raise the profile of you and the team by speaking at events, webinars and podcasts
Providing excellent client service, as this is at the heart of everything we do. You will appreciate how important this is for our private clients, so you must be able to show us how you have impressed your clients and built relationships of trust and respect with them.
You will enjoy the support of a national practice and the advice and guidance of many exceptional lawyers. This will include access to high quality precedents and reference materials, support from a dedicated professional support lawyer and knowledge services team and a superb level of technical training. We are keen to invest in your development and if you have not yet completed (or started) your STEP and/or CTA qualifications and membership we can support you in this.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- You have at least three years of post-qualification experience in private client work
- You are passionate about private client work and meeting with a wide range of clients
- You have great attention to detail and the ability to offer solutions whilst knowing where guidance is needed to provide the most efficient outcome
- You want to be part of a vibrant and supportive team
- You are interested in growing your knowledge and technical qualifications
- You can appreciate the importance of client service and are able to demonstrate how you have impressed your clients and built relationships of trust and respect with them
- You are very comfortable networking and undertaking business development work
- You enjoy working as part of a team or on your own with appropriate supervision
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.