Apprentice Administration Assistant – Cardiff
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in office administration or secretarial support.
Role: Apprentice Administration Assistant
Hours: Full time
Term: 12 month fixed term contract
Vacancy Reference: 336-ACF
With lots of one-to-one training and guidance, you will become a key player in the administration of our Cardiff office. From greeting guests at reception and handling client queries, to travel arrangements, post, filing, and processing bills, you will be integral in assisting our lawyers with the day to day running of their files and keeping our Cardiff office organised and tidy.
We are a friendly, down-to-earth law firm with a small and very friendly office in Cardiff. We have high standards and you will need to have a strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail. You will be efficient, organised, conscientious, and have a helpful, flexible attitude. You will be working towards your Apprenticeship in Business and Administration Level 2.
Your varied duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Reception – greeting guests, dealing with any queries from clients, arranging for taxis, catering for meetings, helping with events (occasional early start or evenings)
- Answering telephone calls and taking messages
- Travel – booking hotels, train tickets
- Preparing post to go out
- Scanning post to be saved to our document management system (i.e. learning to use the photocopier and scan function etc.)
- Land Registry searches – title plans, registers
- Archiving files
- Health & Safety weekly walk around
- Stationery ordering
- Stock control – IT, catering, stationery
- File opening and closing
- Adding information to our client contact database
- Help with managing office diary/conference rooms/parking/booking van run
- Typing (and learning to use dictation software)
- MFD meter readings
- Assisting with monthly client reports
We will give you lots of training and support to learn how to do all of the above, through shadowing and on the job training.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to progress their career and enjoy a challenge within a well- respected, growing firm.
We are looking for someone with convincing aspirations for a career within administration and/or law. You will be able to demonstrate real potential, with the talent, ambition and interest to succeed in a career within this field.
The work requires self-motivation and the ability to work to demanding deadlines, so you’ll need to show us that you have initiative, drive and great organisational skills.
You will be a team player and a good communicator, relish helping others and be eager to learn. We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work, providing a first class support service to the lawyers you support and to our clients, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.