AML Analyst – Risk & Compliance – Firm Wide
We have an exciting opportunity to join our excellent and growing central team. This is a busy and varied role where you will be required to undertake AML processes such as Client Due Diligence, Risk Assessments, Monitoring and Reporting on behalf of all our fee earning teams.
We are looking for someone with 12 months experience working in AML, KYC, CDD or other analytical roles.
Role: AML Analyst
Location: Firm Wide
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 948-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton.
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
Working as part of an established centralised team to undertake AML processes on behalf of the whole firm.
You will be responsible for:
- Interacting with partners and fee earners to collect mandatory documentation required to complete customer due diligence (CDD) successfully, reviewing and verifying documentation received.
- Reviewing the CDD documents for new or for existing clients to understand our customers and flag any anti-money laundering concerns to the Onboarding Team Supervisor.
- Reviewing client and matter risk assessments and make risk-based decisions based on the analysis undertaken.
- Undertaking research in order to obtain a good understanding of a client’s business and related parties in order to monitor client’s activities for unusual transactions.
- Carrying out investigations where there are ML/CTF suspicions regarding clients and/or matters and escalate findings clearly and concisely for internal review by the Onboarding Team Supervisor and Senior AML Managers
- Acting as a point of contact for the Firm’s Onboarding team and other internal teams in order to resolve challenges with matter opening timely and efficiently.
- Reviewing complex source of funds and source of wealth checks for new or existing clients
- Periodically evaluate existing clients working with Partners and Fee Earners in order to keep CDD and risk assessments on client files up to date.
- Completing enhanced due diligence for higher risk matters which may include higher risk jurisdictions, PEPs or complex ownership structures.
You will assist with other AML Compliance related matters or projects as identified and assigned by the Team Supervisor and Senior AML Manager.
This role reports to the Onboarding Team Supervisor and ultimately to the Director of Risk and Best Practice within the Risk Management and Compliance Team.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
You will be an enthusiastic team player who enjoys helping others, you will be at the forefront of key decision making and will need to work with various different stakeholders; this will require you to respect and listen to their points of view. You will be comfortable working with lawyers at all levels and have good communication skills. An inquisitive mind is essential; if something doesn’t feel right it is your responsibility to investigate it further.
You will have a minimum of 12 months experience working in AML, KYC, CDD or other analytical roles. Experience within the legal sector is desirable but not essential for this role.
This is an important position which carries a degree of responsibility, as it is vital that the AML processes are carried out accurately and carefully reviewed. You will pay meticulous attention to detail in all of your work. Accurate data inputting skills are also essential.
You will be managing many different requests and you will be working to demanding deadlines. You will need self-motivation, drive, initiative and great organisational skills.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and who will provide first class support to our fee-earning teams.
Throughout your training, you will gain understanding of the regulatory environment in which we work and a knowledge of the conflict of interest and disclosure provisions in the SRA Standards and Regulations 2019 and the relevant anti-money laundering regulations. You will need to apply that learning to the requirements of the different fee-earning teams in our firm.
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV and covering letter using the form below.
(If you have any difficulties with the form, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.