Administration assistant – Private capital – Birmingham
Home » Administration assistant – Private capital – Birmingham
Our private capital team has a new and exciting opportunity for an administration assistant to provide proactive and professional support to a group of fee earners within the team.
Role: Administration assistant
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 283-SBM
As a result of a growing team, we are looking to hire a talented and experienced administration assistant who will provide our private capital team with high quality and pro-active support, keeping them organised and enabling them to work as efficiently as possible.
Based in our private capital team, your workload will be varied. Your regular duties will include:
- Sorting incoming and outgoing post
- Opening, closing and archiving client files
- Document production, including some audio typing, copy typing, preparation of PowerPoint presentations and seminar materials, emails, memos, creating and updating of Excel spread sheets
- Ensuring documents and records are stored appropriately, including ensuring filing and e-filing is up to date and accessible
- Assisting and ensuring files are compliant to meet both internal and external requirements
- Diary and event management for the fee earners you support
- Coordinating travel arrangements and expenses
- You will be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings etc.), so should demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity in all your communications
You may also be involved in other administrative / secretarial activities both for your fee earners and others as required, including helping other administrators and secretaries during busy periods, and to cover absences from work.
This is a busy role, with deadlines to manage and competing priorities, so you will be required to work quickly, accurately and efficiently and remain calm under pressure. You will be expected to think ahead to meet the needs of your fee earners and clients.
Previous experience of working within a legal environment would be of benefit, but is not essential for this role. If you have at least 6 months’ experience of working within a busy administrative or PA role in a professional services environment, and have a genuine interest in working within the legal sector, we would very much like to hear from you.
This role will suit you if you would like to prioritise your own workload, work closely to deadlines, and can work with minimum supervision and under pressure. You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive, that you have a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, and that you have the skills to work closely with various stakeholders and have direct contact with clients.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and in providing a first class support service to your fee earners, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
You will have excellent spelling and grammar and, ideally, experience of audio typing. You will be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and Powerpoint skills and comfortable with learning new databases and other software packages.
You should be able to demonstrate a solid level of academic achievement, with a minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths.
Finally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn and develop, which will help you thrive in this role.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)