Administration Assistant – Family – Bristol
A busy and varied administrative role supporting our Partner, 3 Lawyers and Paralegal in our Family team.
Role: Administration Assistant
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 422-SBL
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Administration Assistant to provide proactive and professional support to our Family law department.
If you’re a talented and capable Administration Assistant who likes the buzz of a busy role, we would love to hear from you. You will be supporting some of the best Family lawyers in Bristol with high quality and pro-active support, keeping them organised and enabling them to work as efficiently as possible.
Your workload will be varied and you will be adept at being organised and managing your own time and juggling priorities accordingly. Your regular duties will include:
- Copying, scanning, faxing, including preparation of large files, bibles or bundles (hard-copy and electronic)
- Archiving, filing and closing files
- Providing assistance with the billing process as required
- Handling of post (including scanning of all incoming and outgoing post)
- Document production including letters, orders, spread sheets, power point presentations, seminar materials, emails, memos
- Providing assistance with urgent or confidential audio typing, whilst ensuring outsourced typing provider is used when appropriate
- Managing travel arrangements and processing expenses
- Diary and event management, booking of meeting rooms and catering as necessary
- Client interaction: dealing confidently and professionally with clients either face to face or over the phone
- Provide Audio Typing support for fee earners where appropriate
- Providing cover for and assisting other secretaries with work loads both across offices and across departments
- Answering telephones for the team and occasionally for other secretaries, taking messages and passing them on promptly as necessary
At times you may be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings etc.), so should always demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity in all your communications
You may also be involved in other administrative / secretarial activities as required, including helping other administrators and secretaries during busy periods, and to cover absences from work.
This is a busy role, with deadlines to manage and competing priorities, so you will be required to work quickly, accurately and efficiently and remain calm under pressure.
A key requirement of your role is to make our lawyers working day run as smoothly as possible, saving them time and promoting efficiency. We are therefore looking for you to be helpful, super-organised, efficient and innovative in terms of suggesting ideas for improvement and to always be thinking ahead; anticipating the needs of your team and our clients.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
Previous experience of working within a legal environment would be of benefit, but is not essential for this role. If you have some experience of working within a busy administrative or PA role in a professional services environment, and have a genuine interest in working within the legal sector, we would very much like to hear from you.
This role will suit you if you would like to prioritise your own workload, work closely to deadlines, and can work with minimum supervision and under pressure. You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive, helpful, with a flexible ‘can-do’ attitude, and that you have the skills to work closely with various stakeholders and have direct contact with clients.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and in providing a first class support service at all times, anticipating our lawyer and clients’ needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
You will have excellent spelling and grammar, and be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint, and comfortable with learning new databases and other software packages.
Finally, we are looking for someone who can demonstrate initiative and problem-solving skills, with a willingness to learn and develop, which will help you thrive in this role.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.