Administration Assistant – Construction – Bristol
Our Construction team has a new opportunity for an Administration Assistant to provide proactive and professional support to fee-earners in a friendly and supportive team.
Role: Administration Assistant
Hours: Full time
Vacancy Reference: 385-SBL
We are looking to hire a talented and preferably experienced Administration Assistant who will provide our busy team with high quality and proactive support, keeping them organised and able to work as efficiently as possible.
Based in our Construction team, your workload will be varied. Your regular duties will include:
- Sorting incoming and outgoing post
- Opening, closing and archiving client files, following firm procedures
- Document production, including some audio typing, copy typing, preparation of PowerPoint presentations and seminar materials, emails, memos, creating and updating of Excel spreadsheets.
- Taking responsibility for copying, scanning and faxing as required by fee earners, including preparation of large files and bundles and collating correspondence and enclosures
- Managing the billing process from beginning to end
- Assisting fee earners and credit control with client queries regarding outstanding invoices
- Supporting the fee earners in their business development activity, including pitches, proposals, tenders and maintaining the Interaction database
- Assisting fee earners with their diary management and making arrangement for putting on events
- Coordinating travel arrangements and expense claims
- You will be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings, etc.) so should demonstrate professionalism in all of your communications
You may also be involved in other administrative activities both for your fee earners and others as required, including helping other administrators and secretaries in other teams during busy periods, and to cover absences from work.
This is a busy role, with deadlines to manage and competing priorities, so you will be required to work quickly, accurately and efficiently and remain calm under pressure. You will be expected to think ahead to meet the needs of your fee earners and clients.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
Previous experience of working within a legal environment would be of benefit, but is not essential for this role. If you have at least 6 months of working within a busy administrative role in a professional services environment, and have a genuine interest in working within the legal sector, then we would very much like to hear from you.
This role will suit you if you like to prioritise your own workload, work closely to deadlines, and can work with minimum supervision and under pressure. You will need to demonstrate from experience that you are exceptionally organised and proactive, with a can-do attitude, and that you have the skills to work closely with various stakeholders and have direct contact with clients.
We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and in providing a first class service to your fee earners, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
You will have excellent spelling and grammar. You will be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint, and comfortable with learning new databases and other software packages.
You should be able to demonstrate a solid level of academic achievement, and ideally have completed a university degree. You may be a law graduate or a graduate of a degree from a different discipline, but have a genuine interest in the law, and in progressing a career within the legal sector.
Most important is your attitude, personality fit, initiative and problem solving skills, and a willingness to learn and develop, which will help you thrive in this role. While we work hard, we are also a fun team and there are plenty of opportunities to get involved in social events around the office.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.