Administration Assistant – Private Property & Agriculture
Our Private Property and Agriculture team has a new opportunity for an Administration Assistant to provide proactive and professional support to a group of fee earners within the team.
Role: Administration Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 810-BBL
Who we are
You’ll be joining a national law firm that enjoys a strong reputation, made possible by our exceptional people – each chosen for their industry knowledge and passion for their field. We want to help you to reach your full potential, love the work you do and deliver the best results for your clients. It’s our goal to make you feel great about working with us, and we work hard to cultivate a culture that makes it easy for you to stay with us for many years.
We work flexibly and you’ll be empowered to work where you do your best work, balancing your individual needs with the need for us to engage as teams and deliver excellent client service.
Most of our people choose to work in a hybrid fashion, working from home and attending our offices on occasion. Our offices are in Bristol, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Southampton, and Taunton
Day to day, you’ll be successful in this role by:
- Opening client files following firm procedures
- Maintaining hard-copy files on a day-to-day basis and ensuring all electronic copies of emails and any documents are filed correctly within FileSite
- Copying, scanning and faxing when required by fee earners
- Archiving, filing and closing files
- Updating databases and spreadsheets
- Document production using Microsoft Office packages
- Handling and distributing post
- Assisting the team during busy periods, undertaking ad hoc tasks such as phone calls
- Paying invoices and preparing payments using pre-populated forms
This is a busy role, with deadlines to manage and competing priorities, so you will be required to work quickly, accurately and efficiently, whilst remaining calm under pressure. You will be expected to think ahead to meet the needs of your fee earners and clients.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
This role is right for you if:
- You like to prioritise your own workload and work closely to deadlines
- You like to work with minimum supervision
- You are able to demonstrate that you are organised and proactive with a flexible can-do attitude
- You take pride in your work and like to provide a first class service to the people that you work with
- You have a good attitude and work ethic, with administration experience being a benefit but not essential
- You are able to demonstrate a solid level of academic achievement, with a minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- You have excellent spelling and grammar and be proficient with the usual Microsoft packages, including Excel and PowerPoint.
What we can offer you:
A career at Clarke Willmott will feel different to other law firms. We thrive on our individual differences and diversity because as a team, we are united by our shared values and mutual respect. Working with us you will feel empowered, valued and free to be yourself in a safe and supportive environment.
Our mission is to help you realise your full potential whilst maintaining a positive work-life balance. We provide a comprehensive learning and development programme and a range of wellbeing initiatives to support your career journey.
There’s no doubt we expect the best from our people and even the occasional extra mile. In return, your dedication and commitment to the continued success of the firm will be rewarded with a comprehensive range of flexible benefits.
Listen to what a few members of our team have to say about what life here at Clarke Willmott is really like, to see if it’s the right fit for you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.