Administration Assistant – Commercial Property – Cardiff
We are seeking an Administration Assistant to provide support to our busy Commercial Property team in Cardiff.
Role: Administration Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 718-BCF
This role will give you the opportunity to support our busy Commercial Property team, enabling them to work efficiently and effectively.
This role will primarily deal with obtaining Land Registry title documentation, undertaking conveyancing searches and reviewing the results, liaising with third parties by telephone and email to obtain information for conveyancing process, downloading/filing of documents received via datasharing portals, assisting with the preparation, approval and submission of Stamp Duty Land Tax/Land Transaction Tax returns, registration of mortgages at Companies House and Financial Conduct Authority and Land Registry applications including responding to Land Registry requisitions and managing the process of the registration of the various registerable transactions dealt with by the team and checking the accuracy of the completed registrations, allowing the rest of the team to concentrate on their advisory and transactional commercial property work .
Your regular duties will include:
- Using Land Registry portal to obtain title documentation
- Obtaining and reviewing conveyancing search results
- Obtaining title indemnity insurance quotes and preparing necessary correspondence
- Liaising with third parties including Local Authorities and landlords to obtain relevant information
- Assisting with registrations of mortgages at Companies House/FCA within required timeframes
- Preparing and submitting SDLT/LTT returns,
- Paying SDLT to HMRC/LTT to WRA within required timeframes,
- Preparing and submitting Land Registry applications,
- Applying excellent levels of attention to detail
- Ensuring that team diaries are updated with key dates for registrations
- Dealing with general correspondence.
- You may also be asked to undertake ad hoc tasks by your team as required. These may include:
- Sorting, screening and prioritising incoming and outgoing post
- Scanning and photocopying
- Copy typing, emails, memos and creating and updating of Excel spreadsheets
- Dealing with general enquiries over the phone and email
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have:
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Solid levels of academic achievement
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience of using Excel
- High levels of attention to detail
- Experience working to deadlines
- A flexible approach to your work
- Strong organisational skills
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.