Accounts Payable Assistant – Bristol
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to work as part of our core finance team.
Role: Accounts Payable Assistant
Hours: Full Time
Vacancy Reference: 706-BBL
This role is a busy role and will see you working closely with other members of our finance team to ensure that a consistent and reliable service is offered across the firm.
- Processing of all purchase invoices within the Chrome River system to include matching to purchase orders, chasing budget holders where purchase orders are not found, checking coding to the correct nominal ledger, ensuring correct VAT treatment, posting to the system
- Processing expense claims, checking to receipts, ensuring correct VAT treatment and coding
- Daily cheque requests/BACS payments
- Liaising with budget holders on coding and authorisation for purchase orders
- Posting of direct debit payments
- Ongoing reconciliation of supplier statements to the system
- Compilation of the bi-monthly payment run for suppliers and expenses, seeking authorisation and setting it up on the firm’s BACS software
- Counsel Fee VAT Reclamation process – involving running reports and chasing outstanding receipted fee notes
- Monthly Property payment run
- Month End tasks such as running the Aged Creditors report, checking coding and posting journals
You will also be expected to help other members of the team on an ongoing basis and help to provide cover and support on ad hoc requests or when other members of the team are not in the office.
This role will allow you to work flexibly, splitting your week between your home working environment and our Bristol office.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will be eager to learn and looking to develop your career in finance. To demonstrate your ability to work with great attention, you may have experience in an administration role or similar finance role.
You will have a minimum of six GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths. You may also have your AAT foundation level/equivalent or looking to do so as part of your development with us.
We are looking for someone who is able to process a large volume of transactions to a high degree of accuracy. You will need to work with minimum supervision, communicating effectively with the supervisor to highlight any issues or concerns.
We need someone friendly and approachable, who will relish the opportunity to liaise with colleagues across the firm and deliver consistently high quality work. This role is a busy role and as such, you should be able to work at speed with excellent attention to detail whilst being confident to escalate issues if required.
You will need to be proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular you should be confident in using Excel.
Excellent attention to detail is essential to ensure that you are consistently delivering high quality work. Within this role, you will of course work in an accurate and methodical way in everything that you do and become a valued team member in our friendly and supportive team.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.