Legal Cashier – Finance – Bristol – FTC
Working as part of a team of 8 to maintain accurate and timely financial ledgers by providing compliant and effective cashiering duties in a professional, friendly and helpful manner.
Role: Legal Cashier
Term: FTC (12 Months)
Vacancy Reference: 800-BBL
Compliance with Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Accounts Rules
- Ensuring that office account receipts are processed on Elite promptly and accurately within 48 hours of receipt, and that any non-office related receipts are transferred to client account or returned to sender under the unallocated receipts policy
- Ensuring that client account receipts are processed on Elite promptly and accurately with an appropriate narrative to help ensure client balances can be actioned without delay
- Promptly processing inter-account transfers on Elite and HSBC.net
- Reporting any breaches to Accounts Manager
- Ensuring that electronic payments are processed on Elite and HSBC.net promptly and accurately in accordance with Clarke Willmott electronic payment policy ensuring the reason for payment is appropriate and relevant to the underlying matter
- Identifying office receipts, claiming and posting using the unclaimed monies tool
- Uploading bank statements to in-house unclaimed monies tool and ensuring all client funds claimed promptly
- Bank Reconciliations
- Verifying and processing disbursements promptly and accurately on Elite as requested in accordance with UK VAT rules
- Ensuring all processes are carried out in accordance with the firm’s Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Dealing with matter ledger related queries from fee earners, partners and other staff members
- Dealing with payment enquires from clients, suppliers and banks
- Ad hoc tasks given by Accounts Manager to assist with filing / data cleansing
- Maintaining and reconciling the suspense account ledgers and related postings, ensuring prompt return of unclaimed monies
- Working as a cohesive team, adopting a flexible approach to the role, rotating duties as the business needs change to best serve the team and business as a whole.
- General administrative duties including filing and archiving.
This role would be able to offer the flexibility of home working, should you want to work away from the Bristol office for part of the week.
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with information security and all firm policies and procedures.
You will have:
- A minimum of 6 GCSE passes at grade C or above (or equivalent), including English and Maths
- Ideally, good knowledge of Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) Accounts Rules
- Previous experience working on electronic payments (legal cashier experience would be beneficial but not essential)
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Experience of Elite Enterprise or similar system, document management systems and Corporate online banking
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at email@example.com)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.