Paralegal – Property Litigation – Bristol/Taunton
The role will be dealing with a varied caseload of property litigation disputes including business lease renewals, commercial and residential property management disputes in particular service charge disputes, debt recovery and possession claims.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate to begin or develop their legal career with us.
Role: Paralegal (Property Litigation)
Location: Bristol or Taunton
Vacancy Reference: 778-PBL
Our Property Litigation team acts for local and national businesses, landowners and private clients on a range of commercial and residential property issues. As a Paralegal in our team you will assist the teams experienced lawyers to achieve the best results for their clients. Your work will vary from day to day but will include;
- Assisting the fee earners generally in administration including all types of written and oral communications.
- Attending client meetings and court hearings as required.
- Assisting in considering client instructions and liaising with clients and experts to obtain further information to progress the case.
- Assisting in drafting pleadings and supporting witness statements in support of applications.
- Conducting legal research as requested.
- Preparing cost budgets and disclosure lists.
- Preparing bundles for hearings and trials.
- Recording all chargeable time.
- Obtaining title information from the Land Registry.
- Liaising with the County Court in relation to hearings and liaising with Counsel and Counsel’s clerk and when required, instructing Counsel and attending Court to support Counsel where appropriate.
You will also be involved in business development activities which may involve preparation of marketing literature and attendance at client seminars and other events.
It is our policy to identify and recruit our future trainee solicitors through our internal paralegal resource based on the business requirements of our teams.
We provide extensive support and training in order to develop your skills and help you progress your career
It is an integral part of this role that you comply with data security and all firm policies and procedures.
As a graduate you will already have a good technical grounding in the law with a keen interest in land law and real property. Knowledge of the basic litigation procedures is essential. Whether or not you have already gained some paralegal experience, you’ll be keen to develop your legal career undertaking complex dispute resolution work.
You’ll need a strong intellect to succeed in this role, so we will be looking for a corresponding level of academic achievement – such as a 2:1 degree from a rated university. You’ll also need to show us that you have initiative, drive and great organisational skills. The work requires self-motivation and the ability to work to demanding deadlines.
Finally, legal practice is about people and this is very much a team orientated role.
You will relish helping others and be eager to learn. We expect you to be someone who takes pride in your work and who will provide a first class support service to your fee earners, anticipating their needs in advance wherever possible, and paying meticulous attention to detail in all of your work.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send us your CV, together with a covering email/letter using the button below:
(If you have any difficulties with the link, you can email your application to us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
As a firm we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Our recruitment privacy notice details how information is collected, processed and how long it is retained for.