Clarke Willmott to hold Amputation Event
Amputation and co-existing medical problems including multiple limb loss
We are pleased to announce an upcoming event which aims to provide training and discuss issues surrounding limb loss.
The event is the latest in a series of fundraising and awareness events organised by our Personal Injury, Serious Injury and Medical Negligence teams, and will take place at our Bristol city centre offices on Thursday 8th March 2018.
All ticket sales are being donated to Meningitis Research Foundation to raise money for their annual Pushing The Boundaries Family Day.
The event is aimed at medical professional, case managers, solicitors and those working in the amputation field.
Our speaker line up is nearly complete and includes:
- Karen Crockatt, a mother of a child with limb loss due to meningitis
- Helen Harvey, Clinical Manager at the Bristol Centre for Enablement and Joel Gibbard, CEO of Open Bionics
- Fergal Monsell, Consultant Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Richard Hirons, Clinical specialist prosthetist at Ossur
- Daniel Tobin, Barrister at 12 KBW
- Jerry Pike FRCS, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Frimley Park, Surrey.
- Dr Heidi Williamson, Health psychologist at the Centre for Appearance Research
- Steve Trump, Partner Clarke Willmott LLP
- Scott Hodder, Case Manager and Clinical Lead, Bush & Co
- Professor Jonathan Beard, Consultant Vascular Surgeon
Helen Harvey and Joel Gibbard will provide an update on trials involving the use of 3D printing in the NHS.
Tickets cost £30.
The invitations for the event will be sent out in October 2018. Short summary videos of our previous amputation Events can be viewed here
If you are interested in attending, please email Victoria James.