This is a small selection of some of the cases the team have advised on:
- Advising Swiss Bankers on the recovery of funds misappropriated both in the context of fidelity insurance and in relation to cross border recovery action.
- Advising a liquidator on the recovery of a multi-million dollar investment fraud, advising on case strategy and the conduct of extensive trans-Atlantic investigations.
- Concluding an action on behalf of a group of over 400 Equitable Life Trapped annuitants in respect of a claim brought in the Commercial Court for the mis-selling of their with-profits annuities. The claim was unusual in terms of its size, and the fact that it is run on the basis of a conditional fee agreement. The settlement of this case was reported on national television as well as in a number of both specialist and general publications. In addition, we continue to act for other individual clients against Equitable Life.
- Acting in injunctive proceedings and subsequent tracing and accounting claims on behalf of the Master of the Queen's Music in relation to his restitutionary and negligence claims against his former managers and agents. This case has been reported in the national press and the agents are now the subject of a criminal prosecution.
- An ongoing action for damages against a motor parts manufacturer for damages arising from the alleged repudiatory breach of an autoparts franchise contract.
- Successfully acting for a software supplier in proceedings against a government department following a dispute over the general provision of IT services department.
- Acting in a multi million pound breach of warranty claim arising from the sale of a business to a venture capital company.
- Acting on behalf of a respondent in respect of a search and seize and the subsequent associated proceedings for breach of duty and data theft.
- Acting in a dispute involving partnership assets worth in excess of £1.5 million.
- Acting on behalf of a company in an action against a former director for breach of fiduciary duty, arising from the alleged diversion business opportunities.
- Acting for a toy importer/distribution business in connection with a dispute under the Commercial Agents' Regulations.
- Advising a projects company regarding its claim in connection with an overseas engineering project relating to the manufacture and installation of a purification system.
- Acting for a commercial equipment supplier in connection with a dispute relating to the consignment of equipment overseas.
- Acting on behalf of a mortgage company and lender against a major retail bank in connection with claims arising under a factoring agreement and linked debenture with a third party debtor.
- Acting for a transport and logistics organisation in connection with its claim against a rail network in respect of losses arising from delay and disruption.